Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
100 %
By mrdfx
Wednesday 28/06

Today was quite a day! With some news spiking many pairs it sent the baskets in all directions and it was interesting to see how they would react positively or negatively, and that's exactly what happened, unfortunately not in a good way.

The weekly and daily basket sets both went into DD and I've definitely decided to cut the daily baskets on Friday, they just not making any real profits and most days are in DD, so they will be removed.

I also removed the daily and weekly TF baskets, they seemed like a good idea in my head but in testing I was proved wrong as both baskets suffered big losses.

My daily VB triggered and went into big DD but interestingly the reverse basket never triggered and the basket closed in -726 pips! I can't understand why the reverse basket didn't trigger as it was set to do that.

The weekly VB triggered as well and is currently running +1059 pips so that is doing well.

I've adjusted the Tokyo open basket with some new timing settings, a kind of work around, so I'll be watching later to see if it opens.

I created a new basket based of H4 setting also on a VB setting to lock in some pips and get out. Lets see how it will perform tomorrow. Settings:

240, TF,FF,FT, 3/5, trigger set at 200/-200 and reversal set to trigger at -200, TP is 200 and SL 200.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geko, Ajs5274 liked this
By mrdfx
Friday 30/06

And it's a wrap! The end of the week finally! :-) This week has been an interesting week with some profits from some baskets and some losses from others.

So the weekly basket set finished off the week in a big loss, pretty much almost closing out all the previous profit from the monster week I had 2 weeks ago! I have decided to put this testing on hold, but you will see the reason why in a bit when you read further down below.

I have also removed the daily basket sets like I said I would. I have not seen any benefit to running daily baskets as yet over a long term period. You might have some good days, but the bad days will take all your pips back. Maybe I'm wrong but that's from my own personal experience so I'm pretty much done with daily baskets, unless something amazing comes along to try.

I've been having issues with the Tokyo open basket and it's opening times, but geko helped me out with it so I will give it another chance next week. The daily and weekly VB went ok, but I did remove the daily as again it was not worth keeping it, however the weekly VB did very well making +1196 pips for the week! I'll definitely be running it again next week for further testing.

Now this is where the fun part comes in, and something which I've been waiting the whole month to do! On Wednesday 05/07 I'll be adding 12 new baskets, and not just for testing but they will be traded on a LIVE account. I have talked a lot about the benefits of the first trading day of the month with forexpinbar and he has also done previously this with amazing results, so I will be giving it a go next week.

I'll be adding the following baskets to my live account.

Monthly: TF,FF,FT, level 5,6,7,8,9,10, MA3/5, trend filter ON, MN candle filter previous, 09:00GMT open.
Weekly: TF,FF,FT, level 5,6,7,8,9,10, MA3/5, trend filter ON, MN candle filter previous, W1 previous, 09:00GMT open.

All in all I think it's going to be an interesting week and month ahead with some exciting things coming. Have a great weekend and green pips yo you all! :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FinalPremium, Ajs5274, Geko liked this
By mrdfx
Hello everyone! Sorry for no updates this week but I was busy with some other things and as they say life gets in the way sometimes lol. ;-)

Anyway I'm back, so let the testing continue. There have been some changes and updates with my baskets. I removed some and added some during the course of this week, let me update you.

So as I had mentioned before I was going to test 6 weekly and 6 monthly baskets on my live account and let them run for the month, however that did not go well. It appears my broker did not approve of me running so many trades with the EA I was using and they suspended my account, so that test did not go as planned. It seems that on demo you can run 100 baskets and the broker doesn't care but when you running them on live account they are definitely watching and will take measures if they don't like what you doing. So to try and do a work around I've removed the monthly baskets and I'll only be running 9 weekly baskets instead of 12 using the settings below. To note I am contemplating reducing to only using level 5-10, we shall see on market open.

Weekly setting, TF,FF,FT, level 2-10, trend filter ON, MN candle filter - 0, weekly candle filter - 1, 09:00GMT open.

During this week I also did some cleaning up and removed some baskets that weren't passing my requirements to continue testing. I removed the 240 basket and Tokyo open basket as it didn't do well, also both geko settings VB's. I think its easier to just tell you what I'm currently testing lol.

I'm still testing my VB based on Alan's VB approach and its doing ok, not amazing but it's still in profit overall. I'm still running my multi time frame daily basket which is actually doing pretty well so far for 2 weeks of testing, and then finally I've added a new basket that will follow the FIFO strategy trading 3 sessions, TO, LO, and NYO shooting for 50 pips each session. This is an experiment and we shall see how it goes.

Well that's all for now, lets hops for a green week! :-D
Geko, Ajs5274 liked this
By mrdfx
Thursday 20/07

My oh my where does time go?! :-o Has it been over a week since my last journal entry? Wow sorry guys, but as cliche as it sounds things have been super busy this side of the hemisphere and well yeah that's all I can say on that. ;-)

So where am I? Lets catch up quick as there have been some changes and updates of course!

I've cut down many baskets in the last week as they were not achieving what I was looking for. I removed the Tokyo FIFO basket unfortunately as I could just not get the timing settings right and the basket did not go according to my idea I had in my head. Anyway no stress cos I did find a work around using a different method.

Last week I did the 9 weekly baskets test on my live account and that failed badly, but that was my own fault as I did not have enough in the account to hold the DD and it got closed out. It's fine lesson learned, now I know to use a bigger account next time lol. I will be attempting the same baskets at the beginning of the new month with a bigger balance.

I also removed the weekly VB based on Alan's approach. It was having more losses than wins overall so it had to go. I also removed the MTF basket, it seemed like a nice idea at first, but in practice it wasn't.

So with all these removals you must be thinking what am I actually still testing? Well this week I ran a new weekly basket on my live account. Settings are:

Weekly, TF, FF, level 4, trend filter OFF, candle filter MN - 0, W1 - 1, TP 500 pips.

The result? Well it hit TP 2 times this week! :-D On Tuesday it banked 500 pips and then the DB reopened and then last night it banked another 500 pips TP. So this basket banked 1000 pips in 3 days hahaha. :-) I'll definitely be running this basket again next week!

I've also started testing geko's new sub DB and it's really interesting so far. I started with a simple set up just to start testing and so far it's off to a good start. Setting are:

Signal line 1: Candle filter MN - 0, W1 - 0, CCFp 1 - TF, CCFp 2 - TF, BBSq - D1.

As we speak the basket is on around 250 pips which is pretty cool so far. I'll be working on it over the weekend for some new testing. This new sub DB truly opens up endless variations and combinations of settings! How will we ever find one setting to go live with now??? Hahahaha

Well that's all for now, its time to go the wife is calling. Green pips to you all. :)
Geko, JohnSmith2nd, Stefdek liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]