Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
Discuss various Forex trading systems and strategies (NO EA).
75 % 25 %
By Geko
This idea comes from Forex Factory and was introduced by TooSlow as Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade.

Here the link:
Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Best explanation of the system is in post # 2714 by MichaelG:
Link

HOLO stands for Highest Open / Lowest Open. It is a scalping reversal kind of trade. I thought it would be good to have this concept in the arsenal also.

I have summarized TooSlow’s main explanation and MichaelG ones in the attached PDF.

Here is a screenshot of HOLO with Blast:
HOLO.png
Let see if this strategy is profitable on a regular basis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jagg liked this
By Geko
I do agree that rules are simple enough to build an EA (I think a guy Swingman built something). For basket trading it is another thing as there are not so many signals when we respect all rules.

Let’s keep the EA idea for later, for the moment we have the new dashboard which can help us to find setups. As explained in the Welcome to GiG thread we are at Stage 2 for the moment. Before to take the EA direction in GiG I think it make sense to have a solid foundation with a few successful consistent strategies which give us a statistical edge.

Don’t get me wrong, EAs are welcome at GiG, but so many people (I use the term people and not traders on purpose) think that EA are just set and forget tools! And at the end they got burned :x24: :mad:

I will try to update the welcome to GiG thread in the week-end with my ideas on next steps.
ScarletPip, borgptr liked this
By Wapen
Hi Geko,

Thanks for "GIG Blast" What a excelint trading tool! Buzy testing it and works very good!

Related to HOLO.
Can you wright a indicator (Control Box) that will show all the selected Symbol in "Market watch" . With this the candle that have made the Current Day High / Low as per the attached (just one symbol used, inserted as text to exsplain)!
This will give us the opportunity to look at one chart and have a indication what pairs are worth looking at!

Thanks
Wapen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]